Recipes using Yalla products: Breakfast or Brunch
Buckwheat pancakes with Yalla Rhubarb and Ginger and Yalla Vanilla Yoghurt
1 x 350g Yalla Rhubarb and Ginger
1 x 350g Yalla Vanilla Yoghurt
1 x Tablespoon lemon juice
¾ cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup wholemeal flour, sifted
2 free range eggs
1 ½ cups buttermilk
½ cup water
1 ½ low fat plain yoghurt
Olive or grape seed oil
- Sift the flours and a pinch of sea salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs. Beat the eggs into flour.
- Gradually add the buttermilk and water and beat until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake batter. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using kitchen paper and olive or grape seed oil, lightly oil a small pancake pan.
- Beat the pancake mixture once again before transferring into a jug for easy pouring
- Pour enough batter into the pan to cover the bottom and make a pancake approximately 4mm thick.
- Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes or bubbles form on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook for a further minute.
- Repeat the process until the batter mix is finished.
- Serve with Yalla Rhubarb and Ginger topped with Yalla Vanilla Yoghurt
Chachouka - traditionally egg baked in the salsa
Yalla Capsicum Salsa 240g
2 x Eggs
Heat the salsa in a pan and put in two ovenproof dishes. Form an indent in the middle of the salsa and crack an egg into each one. Place eggs into a 200oC oven for approximately 10 minutes.
Serve in the dish with a piece of toast wholegrain or spelt bread.