Recipes using Yalla products: Dessert
Yalla Mango yoghurt with Mango and mint salad
4 x Mangoes (one per person)
1 x 350g Yalla Mango Yoghurt
Scoop out mango flesh and dice. Roughly, chop fresh mint and mix through mango cubes. Portion out into bowls. Pour mango yoghurt over the mangoes. Serves 4
Meringue with Yalla Vanilla Yoghurt, fresh strawberries and raspberries
4 x Egg whites
200g raw hazelnut kernels
200g Castor Sugar
1 x Yalla Vanilla yoghurt 350g
1 x punnet of strawberries
1 x punnet raspberries
Method for meringue
1. Pre- heat oven to 150 0C
2. Place the hazelnuts in a baking tray approximate 25 x 40cm. Roast in oven for 40minutes
3. Remove nuts from oven pour into a clean tea towel and rub to remove the skin
4. Roughly, chop 100g of hazelnut and whizz the remaining 100g in food processor to make hazelnut meal. Put to the side
5. Beat egg whites, add pinch of salt and castor sugar. Beat until glossy and firm peaks form(if you rub the beaten egg whites between your fingers it should be smooth not gritty)
6. Fold in hazel nut meal and 50g hazel nut( keep 50g for garnish).
7. Turn mixture into baking tray lined with baking paper to desired shape. Cook for 1 hour or until browned. Cool in tray
Method for plating and serving dessert
1. Wash and drain berries. Top, half and slice strawberries. Toss berries together.
2. Cut meringue into 12 square
3. On six plates, place one square. Spread a dessert spoon full of yoghurt on meringue with a scattering of berry mix
4. On six plates, place one square. Spread a dessert spoon full of yoghurt on meringue with a scattering of berry mix
5. Place another square of meringue on top finish with remaining yoghurt and berry mix. Garnish each plate with roasted hazel nuts and a drizzle of berry coulis.
6. It does not need to look perfectly symmetrical.
Serves 6 people