Recipes using Yalla products: Main meals
Barbecued free-range chicken with Yalla Harissa
1 x 1.2kg jointed free-range chicken
150g Yalla Harissa
100ml olive oil
4 x Tomatoes diced (1cm pieces)
1 Spanish onion, finely diced
1 x medium size cucumber diced (1cm pieces)
1 x small bunch of flat leaf parsley coarsely chopped
1 x iceberg lettuce roughly chopped
2 x lemons (one for juicing and one to cut into wedges)
1. Rub half a tub Yalla Harissa paste over all the pieces of jointed chicken. Place in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil over the meat. Cover and leave to marinade for 45 minutes but remember to occasionally the turn the meat. When you start cooking, do not throw away the marinade just yet.
2. Take a large bowl and mix the diced tomatoes, Spanish onion, cucumber, parsley and iceberg lettuce
3. You will need the barbecue or grill to its highest temperature before you start cooking. Cook the chicken on high heat for a few minutes. Turn the meat constantly to prevent burning. Once the meat is golden brown lower the heat and cook for another 10-15 minutes to cook the meat through. Brush meat with remaining marinade a few minute before you finish cooking.
4. Arrange the chicken on a serving plate with lemon wedges. Dress the salad with olive oil, lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Serves about 4 people
Baked Ocean Trout with Yalla Chickpea Salsa and Yalla Green Tahini
2 x 350g Yalla Chickpea Salsa
1 x 350g Yalla Green Tahini
4 x fillets of ocean trout
Rocket for salad
1 x Lemon for wedges
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oven to 100 degrees celsius.
2. Brush oven tray with olive oil. Place fillets on tray with skin down. Drizzle olive oil and season with ground sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. 5 minute before the fish is cooked, heat the salsa in a pan until it starts to simmer.
3. On each of four plates, place a portion of salsa in centre. Arrange fish fillet on the salsa. Put a scoop of green tahini on each serve of the fish. Serve with a wedge of lemon and a side of rocket dressed with olive oil and balsamic.